Pancakes are a very tasty treat, but that doesn’t mean they have to be unhealthy. This pancake recipe is packed with protein, is low in fat and is very easy to prepare. A batch of these pancakes make the perfect weekend breakfast.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 115 g plain flour
- 30g of vanilla whey protein powder (I used BULK POWDERS Pure Whey Protein)
- 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
- 140 ml of milk
- Start by separating the egg whites into one bowl and the yolks into another
- Add the flour, whey protein powder, baking powder and milk into the bowl with the yolks and mix until they form a thick smooth batter
- Add a pinch of sea salt to the egg whites and then whisk them until they form stiff peaks.
- Then add the stiff peak egg whites into the bowl with the batter and fold the mixture together
- Pre-heat a non-stick frying pan. Pour a bit of the batter into the pan and cook for a couple of minutes
- Loosen the pancake with a spatula and then flip it over to cook the other side. When both sides are golden brown the pancake is ready
- Spread peanut butter on the pancakes and then add fruit such as raspberries, blueberries and banana
- Eat and enjoy!
Macros per Batch*
48g Protein | 10g Carbohydrates | 8.5g Fat
*Approximate macros, as it will vary depending on what milk you use etc. Sugar content will depend on what toppings you use.